If you are new to dentures, then it’s natural to have a few questions about them. Adjusting to dentures takes time, and it’s important to know how to care for them properly. Without proper care, you could damage your dentures and need a replacement. That is why, our dentist, Dr. MaeNell Sullivan with Tenino Denture Center in Tenino, Washington, is happy to help you learn how to take excellent care of your dentures.
Here are some tips on how to properly care for your dentures:
– Dentures are customizable because they can be crafted for your mouth as needed. This includes adjustments for the size and shape to meet your oral health care requirements.
– Dentures are often highly fragile and can easily shatter when dropped. If any damage occurs, visit your dentist for a repair or a replacement.
– Cleaning your dentures is essential for keeping your smile safe from the risk of bacteria and contamination. Soak your dentures in a cleaning solution every day.
– Typical cleaning solutions for dentures should be mild water or those specifically designed for dentures. If any solutions are used, rinse your dentures off before putting them back into your mouth. Never use hot water on your dentures.
– Avoid abrasive cleaning materials such as teeth whiteners and bleach.
If you still have questions about how to properly care for your dentures, or if you would like to see if dentures are right for you, please call us today to make an appointment. Our dental team is happy to answer your questions and help you through this adjustment in your life.